Tuesday, 12 January 2016

WHATS IN MY: hospital bag

This is what's in my hospital bag for myself and my partner ready for labour. 

Clothes 
- oversized t-shirt/night dress for labour which is one id bought from primark in second trimester and is getting a little old now it's a charcoal grey colour so it won't show too much mess. 
- socks - 1 pair of slipper socks, 1 pair of fluffy socks, 2 pairs of normal socks
- slippers also bought from primark 
- 8 pairs knickers, I bought 3 packs of black briefs from primark ready. I bought 1 pack of "full briefs", 1 pack of "hi-leg briefs" and 1 pack of "mini briefs". I packed the full briefs and hi-leg briefs as they were the most high waisted ones and would give the most support for my stomach. 
- clothes for coming home (leggings and a loose top) 
- a thin dressing gown which I bought from matalan because they were really hard to find because I gave birth in winter! 
- maternity bra. I didn't actually buy proper maternity bras or nursing bras because I had no intention of breast feeding so I just bought some non-underwired bras from matalan which I actually love because they're so much prettier than maternity bras and they're still really supportive.  
- bikini top for if I wanted a bath at the hospital
- pjs - I bought a set from primark which had a top then two pairs of matching bottoms one being shorts and one being long trousers because I wanted spares incase I made a mess of one but I thought having a pair of shorts and a pair of trousers because I didn't know how hot I was going to be.  

Toiletries 
- travel sized shampoo 
- travel sized conditioner 
- toothbrush 
- travel sized toothpaste 
- travel sized dry shampoo 
- 1 pack of maternity pads 
- body wash 
- mini pack of simple face wipes 
- deodorant 
- mini aveeno cream 
- Andrex washlets 
- Vaseline  
- tissues 
- breast pads 

Others 
- hair brush
- hair bobbles and slides 
- hair straighteners and hair dryer 
- mirror 
- make up 
- towels - one hand towel, one bath towel and a face cloth
- phone charger 
- pillow 
- maternity notes
- puzzle book and pen
- straws
- snacks for both. 

For him
- t shirt
- pants 
- tooth brush
- after shave 
- spare change 
- phone charger 

No comments:

Post a Comment