I mentioned in my labour story that I had an episiotomy and stitches in my labour so at 1 week postpartum I was still trying to heal and recover, I found the first week hard because I was VERY sore, couldn't move about because I was sore (couldn't even lift my arms without my stitches pulling and being painful!) so I was doing very little because everything was so painful.
My milk came in at day 4 and my boobs were SO tender it was unbelievable so trying to get comfy and not be in pain with my boobs or stitches in between being up with Isla was very difficult and I was just exhausted, physically and emotionally.
Becoming a mum is a massive shock to the system and baby blues hit me very hard because I was already struggling emotionally to come to terms with the labour when the baby blues hit I was inexplicably emotional and cried almost constantly for 2 or 3 days! Obviously being tired doesn't help you stay calm and think rationally!
I spent the majority of the first week in my pyjamas and changed them every day after a shower into a clean pair.
Week 2 (15/12/15-22/12/15):
1 week after delivery I was rushed back into hospital by ambulance after I became unconscious with agonising stomach pain, they suspected an infection in my womb and wanted me to stay in hospital but I refused and so I was discharged with a course of antibiotics.
My stitches were feeling a little better by now but I was still incredibly sore. I could now lift my arms and wash myself and I'd finally been to the toilet but I still couldn't separate my legs far, sit completely comfortably or go to the toilet with ease yet.
My milk was slowly going, my boobs were still leaking but they weren't half as tender as they were before! Sleeping with a tight non underwired bra on worked miracles!
I was up and about this week and going out but would get extremely tired out very quickly and my stitches would start to rub after being on my feet for too long so I had to just take it easy when I went out and try and accept I couldn't do as much as I'd like - frustrating when you're trying to do Christmas shopping!
I wasn't as emotional in week 2 as I was but I was still feeling very emotionally drained and struggling to keep positive, I was really anxious about Christmas and Carl going back to work too and about being on my own with Isla for the first time in the day and about there being increased pressure for me to do the nights on my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment