Tuesday, 12 January 2016

DIARY: third trimester

How far along? 
Third  (27-40 weeks) 

How big is trimester peanut? 
They’re likely to be around 50cm now and weighing between 6 and 8lbs which is a healthy weight.*
I measure 1 week ahead in all my fundal height measurements done by the midwife and my growth scan at 28 weeks showed baby to be average/large average sized. 

Total weight gain/loss? 
I was weighed at 38 weeks and I had gained 6 kg compared to my first trimester weight, which is 1 stone and my midwife said is a small and healthy weight gain. 

Maternity clothes? 
No more than in the second trimester. As I said in that post I resorted to wearing sainsburys leggings rather than maternity leggings and I was quite lucky with the trend where so many tops have splits at the sides which means I could buy my size or a size up and the split gave me the extra room I needed for my bump. 

Sleep?
Not so good, I had a lot of heartburn by third trimester which didn't even go with prescription strength medication or any home remedies and sometimes it got so bad in the night that I would wake up to vomit. I also had a lot of leg cramps in third trimester and trapped nerves which meant a really struggled to get comfortable in bed or anywhere for that matter! I also had a hugely increases appetite by third trimester where I'd wake up in the night hungry or craving chips and I used to then get up at 6am for breakfast before going back to bed at 7.30 am and waking up again at 10 am for another breakfast! 

Best moment this trimester? 
Movements still, having baby react to mine and her dads voice.  

Symptoms? 
Heartburn, backache, pelvic pressure (and lots of it), sickness still, leg cramps and trapped nerves, dry mouth, increased urination,  increased appetite. 
 
Food cravings? 
Vegetables and chocolate. 

Food aversions? 
Chicken and fizzy pop. 

Gender? 
Girl!

Labor signs? 
Strong pressure in my pelvis . 

Belly button in or out? 
In, I have the deepest belly button ever I don't think it would even pop out if I had 10 baby's squished in there!

What I miss?
Pâté still, being able to bend down without getting out of breath, unbroken sleep!

What I'm looking forward to? 
Her arrival! 

Milestones? 
Being told at 30 weeks she was head down and being told she was more and more engaged at each midwife appointment. 
Her movements become a lot more visible in third trimester and I could always tell where she was lying and I could poke her and get a reaction.
Finishing work for maternity leave and decorating her bedroom.
It was exciting to unpack her stuff, build everything etc. and pack our hospital bags ready for her arrival - it made everything feel very real!

Bump? 

INSERT BUMP PHOTO

*information from bounty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment