1) keep food next to your bed.
Everyone swears by gingernuts but I hate them so I kept a packet of digestives next to my bed so I could eat 1 or 2 as soon as I woke up to line my stomach. About half an hour after eating them/getting up i could usually then stomach some breakfast. I also kept some in my handbag for if I started feeling nauseous while I was out.
2) fizzy pop!
For me only flat coke worked but for others it's lemonade, try a few and find one. But having a little bit of flat coke when nausea took over (or after vomitting) helped settle my stomach so I could function again.
3) don't worry about your diet.
Eat whatever you want and whatever you can stomach. Salty crisps are all I really wanted so I ate crisps as a snack and crisp sandwiches as a meal because why not? You're growing a human you deserve a treat! The other thing I ate a lot of was beef, I don't know why because I've never been much of a beef lover and only really eat chicken but at this point I didn't fancy chicken as much and I LOVED McDonald's cheeseburgers and for home cooked meals I liked mince based foods like bologneise and lasagne.
4) salty foods.
Salty foods are meant to settle your stomach... Explains my love for salty crisps!
5) eat little and often.
There's not much more to say? Eat small amounts of food almost constantly so you're never hungry. Trust me a hungry pregnant belly is a nauseous pregnant belly!
6) go bland.
Sometimes vomitting is inevitable, eat things that won't be too unpleasant to bring back up.
From experience. quiche, egg and anything chocolate isn't great.
7) travel sickness wrist bands.
I never actually used them but so many pregnant women swear by them. I really wanted to buy some and try them (I had some for travel sickness as a child!) but in most of my pregnancy I had terrible itchy knuckles and wrists and the material the bands are made of would've only made it worse.
8) take a break.
I wish I could follow that with a recommendation for kit late but I can't. But taking some time after you've eaten makes all the difference, I learnt if I moved around after eating even if it was just to take my plate into the kitchen, I'd vomit.
9) buy some nice scented toilet cleaner.
You'll spend a lot of time with your head in there, I know pregnancy is tiring but make sure it's always clean and it's a smell you can tolerate! The cleaning fluid they used at my work made me worse so when I vomited the smell made it worse so I actually resorted to taking my own for emergencies!
10) practice for having a baby.
Keep a changing bag in your car except instead of including baby clothes, milk and nappies include a spare outfit for you, a carrier bag, toothbrush/toothpaste, some tissues and perfume. There's only so many days you can have off work for morning sickness before you have to learn to deal with it and for me it was just making sure I could freshen up afterwards!
I do want to add if you even have sickness so bad you're dizzy/faint, you can't keep any fluids down or you're becoming dehydrated always see your GP there are medications which can help with pregnancy sickness.
No comments:
Post a Comment