Wednesday, 3 February 2016

DIARY: 1 month postpartum update

My stitches have pretty much completely healed now, I'm not sore at all other than some pressure when I go to the toilet but nothing I can't live with. My infection cleared up with my antibiotics so by week 3 I was feeling a lot better and by week 4 even better. 

I've had some constipation since I gave birth which isn't helped by the pressure I feel when I go to the toilet making me even more nervous about going, so I've been relying on lactulose and the occasional senokot dose to keep going! 

I still feel exhausted, which I suppose is only normal with a small baby. I'm not just physically exhausted from having less sleep but mentally exhausted because you can never truely relax once you've had a baby! 

I've been struggling to cope with day to day tasks feeling very overwhelmed by everything and very emotional so I'm going to see my GP soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment